Events at Raven’s Knoll rely on user created content. The Witches’ Sabbat at Raven’s Knoll is no different, being based very much on grassroots witchcraft. We encourage folks to share their skills and knowledge here. You can facilitate solo, or get together with a couple of friends and present together. This year we are especially encouraging our beloved attendees to step up, this is our sixth year, you don’t get to pretend you’re a newbie any more!
Do you have a great workshop idea for Witches Sabbat? We are also looking for folks willing to facilitate discussion circles and/or group projects. If you’re interested in being a guest presenter, please submit your workshop idea below. If you are considering, but want to touch base with us first, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
* Workshops, projects, and discussions should suit the theme and/or herb of the year. For 2018, it is Our Lady of the Unseen and the Wild Hunt (Fairy Queen) and the Hawthorn Tree.
* Workshops should fit into a half hour, one hour, or a1.5 hour time slot, and should be able to accommodate anywhere from 10 to 30+ people.
* Workshops will be chosen partially based on “best fit”, i.e. how well the idea fits with the theme, and how it meshes with the rest of the schedule we have planned, and partially on the capricious whims of the organizers.
* Before you submit a workshop idea, please make sure you can commit to attending. If your idea gets chosen, we’ll be counting on you to make it happen!
* Workshop ideas can be submitted until April 8th. Final decisions on scheduling will be made shortly after.
Ideas & Topics
* Hawthorn folklore, practical and magickal uses, habitat, gardening etc
* Fairy lore and queer witchcraft/history
* Canadian and European diaspora fairy lore and practice
* Working with the fae while decolonizing witchcraft
* Rural witchcraft and fairy lore
* The Fairy Queen
* The Wild Hunt
* The Horned Lord/Witch Father as the Fairy Lord
* The fairy faith
* Hedgecrossing, trance, ecstatic ritual
* Ecstatic and ritual dancing/drumming
* Warding, and setting boundaries with the fey
Wish List & Suggestions:
* A discussion/workshop of the history, lore, and uses of the Stang. Focusing on it’s use as a god idol and spirit house. As well as facilitating the assembly, decoration, blessing, and consecrating of this year’s stang for Our Lady. (Some materials and staff assistance will be provided)
* A discussion/workshop on Laying the Compass, Hedge Laying and other methods (other than circle casting). Including facilitating a group/house in the writing and performing of such during Main Ritual. (Some materials and staff assistance will be provided)
* A discussion/workshop on invocations, evocations, activating spirit houses, and summoning. Including facilitating a group/house in the writing and performing the evocation/invocation of Our Lady into the stang during Main Ritual. (Some materials and staff assistance will be provided)
* A discussion/workshop on the history, lore, and significance of offerings, fey gifts, and sacrifices. Including facilitating a group/house in the preparation of group/house offerings for Main Ritual, as well as presenting them to Our Lady’s stang during. (Some materials and staff assistance will be provided)
Please note that guest presenters do not receive a discount on their entry fee; fame and glory will be your only reward. As we strive to keep the event’s costs down and run on a shoe-string budget (we will do our very best to spoil you though).